Thursday, November 20, 2008

11 wonderful/hard/exciting/tearfilled/fun YEARS


I can't believe that tomorrow will mark 11 years of marriage for Michael and I. In fact 11 years from tonight we were sitting in the Peterson's driveway with little Georgie asleep in the back of the car talking about the big day. I was nervous and getting the jitters and telling Michael that I felt like just driving away from it all. (We had had a very short engagement, lots of trying times, and I felt like I was in a whirlwind!!) The next morning it started to rain, mom was late getting me to the temple for yes my wedding day (no surprise there), and the tears were coming. I prayed hoping I was making the right choice, the sun came out, I entered the temple and felt an overwhelming peace. (Of course Michael had been telling his dad for the last 15 minutes that I was not going to show up and was sweating like crazy.) Anyways the day turned out great, the honeymoon--we won't go into details but I did have a close to honeymoon baby, and now I truly can't imagine my life with anybody else or anyway else. I feel so blessed to have met Michael and to have been able to share these past 11 years. We have cried together a lot, helped strengthen each other a lot, suffered sickness still, had 5 children together, made it through a lot of hard times but enjoyed even more good times!!! I didn't get my dear husband anything worldly for our anniversary (like the paintball gun) but am posting these 11 things that I love about him (of course there are so many more!!)


1) He always wants to make me happy and is always trying to get me to smile!!

2) Not a day goes by that he doesn't tell me how beautiful I am to him (even when I'm sick and look absolutely disgusting!!)

3) Trys hard to be a better person and prays like Heavenly Father is right in the room with us.

4) Is always worried about others and trying to help everyone.

5) Plays and laughs and wrestles with our children

6) Brings flowers home just because

7) Doesn't get offended when he's insulted and still likes the people who insult him?

8) Surprises me still with little gifts!!

9) Gives the best hugs and kisses (only for me)

10) Works hard and forgives me for not getting him a paintball gun for our Anniversary

11) Is still a hottie to me even after 11 years and 5 children.

2 comments:

Susie Stout said...

congrats hope this anniversary is great 11 years is a long time Daniel and I will only be hitting 2. Love you both!!!

glen-denise-vince-mckee-cam said...

happy anniversary mary jane. wow, 11 years. that's so great. what a cool and cute family you have to show for the 11 years. your kids are so fun! congrats and have a great thanksgiving.
denise